Monday 7 May 2012

Paraguay's "Mountains"

I've written a few times about how flat Paraguay is.  For a time the biggest 'hill' I experienced was hiking the 5 meter rise from the local supermarket back to SIM HQ.  By God's grace I've been able to see a large amount of Paraguay (North, West, South and East!) and I have finally seen some hills.  Interestingly the missionaries refer to them as 'mountains' despite them being nowhere near mountain height, but travelling 200km over flat terrain, a rare hill does seem a lot like a mountain!


This first picture is from the summit of a man-made hill (the bridge West of Concepcion that heads into the flat Gran Chaco region).  Very few places offer views of the landscape like this.


These couple of hills were the first major hills I saw in Paraguay somewhere between Villarica and Caazapa, although there were a few smaller ones on the way, notably beside Paraguari further West (if memory serves me well


The same hills as Dan drives by.


Driving up a hill with a hill on the horizon!  Rare!


Small hills compared to the others, but so far the most scenic place I have seen in the whole of Paraguay.  My image was complimented by a fly hitting the bottom-right of the lens.

1 comments:

Hahaha, ".. complimented by a fly hitting the bottom-right of the lens." XD

Post a Comment

Weather

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More