Friday 6 January 2012

The Other Side of the World

So today I learned something new.  
Over the past year I was looking for some way to serve God and the Japanese people in the country I was saved in back in 2008, and God makes Paraguay available instead.  Turns out Paraguay is an antipode country to Japan: that is if you stood in Paraguay and dug straight down you’d come out in Okinawa, the islands furthest south in Japan.  So the place I’m going couldn’t physically be further away in the world from where I originally asked God to take me!  Shows how much I know about determining God's will! ^-^

The main land is lower South America, and the names are Asia.  The orange pointer is Paraguay.  'Naha' is a main Okinawa island, and the dots between Taiwan and Naha are more of the Okinawan string of islands.


This is a close up of Paraguay and Asia.  Taiwan is also an antipode to Paraguay as nearly all the island fits into Paraguay.  The island of Naha is just over the border into Brazil, but the string of islands between are 'in' Paraguay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Weather

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More